Establishing goals in your early years is a great way to reach financial milestones and better your financial future. As part of financial literacy month, we have been discussing different techniques to establish smart and achievable goals along with ways to achieve those goals. We know that managing your finances, especially for the first time, can be overwhelming, but the sooner you start making financial goals and plans for yourself, the brighter your future will. Building these habits, especially in your twenties and thirties, is so important for long-term and future success. Here are ten financial milestones to consider pursuing in your twenties and thirties.
- Automate Everything
- Create a Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly Budget Plan
- Pay off All of your debt
- Pay your bills on time and establish a good credit score
- Start and regularly fund an emergency account
- Contribute to your company 401(K) and take advantage of your match
- Open a Roth or Traditional IRA
- Save for a big purchase such as a car or first home
- Invest outside of a retirement plan
- Protect your life with insurance and a will
While it is not mandatory to achieve these goals to succeed, hitting these goals in your early years is a great way to set yourself up for success. Savings, budgeting, investing, and protecting your life are essential steps in building a solid foundation and growing your money. Also, starting to education yourself about personal finance will take you much farther than you think. The sooner you start and realize these goals are important and achievable, the better position you will be in in your forties and fifties. If you have any questions about achieving your financial goals or establishing SMART goals personalized to your financial situation, send us an email at email@example.com or schedule a complimentary 30-minute consultation here.